Management Tools for Today's Workplace
Calgary Full Day Conference
Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Hours: 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. (Continental breakfast served at 8:30a.m.)
Location: Hotel Blackfoot, 5940 Blackfoot Trail SE, Calgary
Topics and Speakers:
Today’s Critical Issues in Employment Law presented by Tom Ross, LL.B., Partner, McLennan Ross LLP
Embrace Newcomers into Your Workplace presented by Anila Lee Yuen, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Centre for Newcomers
Diversity and Inclusion: Best Practices in Recruitment, Employee Development & More presented by Kim Brassard, Senior Talent, Diversity and Inclusion Advisor, Shell Canada and Stuart Young, Experienced Hire Recruiter, Shell Canada
Sign In Your Teams: Connect, Collaborate and Create with Ease presented by Jacqueline Throop-Robinson, CEO, Spark Engagement
Click here for the printable PDF version
Ottawa - Apr. 12, 2018
Calgary - May 1, 2018
Toronto - May 2, 2018
Halifax - May 2, 2018
Edmonton - May 3, 2018
Register three (3) participants from the same organization at the same time and a fourth participant attends FREE of charge.
Today’s Critical Issues in Employment Law
The legal landscape for employers continues to evolve. Alberta has faced significant changes in its employment legislation, and changes to societal norms are placing new demands and pressures upon employers. It is important to stay up to date with these changes.
This presentation will address:
1) Changes to Alberta’s employment legislation, including the Employment Standards Code and Labour Relations Code
2) The legalization of marijuana and how it will affect your workplace
Click here for information on Tom Ross
Embrace Newcomers into Your Workplace
This session will explore newcomers’ contributions as well as challenges in entering the workforce and provide key recommendations that will facilitate integration of newcomers into the labour market.
• Newcomers’ profile in general and those served at the Centre for Newcomers
• Positive contributions newcomers bring into the labour market
• Understanding the barriers and challenges that newcomers face and where they get stuck
• What can employers and concerned service providers do to tap their optimum potentials, reduce the barriers and create a more welcoming hiring and retention environment?
Click here for information on Anila Lee Yuen
Diversity and Inclusion: Best Practices in Recruitment, Employee Development & More
Today’s talent is more diverse than ever before- having an inclusive work environment is key to innovating, developing and retaining that talent. Diversity is important, but it has to be partnered with inclusion to be really effective.
Session highlights include:
- Review of the elements of a corporate Diversity & Inclusion Strategy on the business case or importance of Diversity & Inclusion in an organization
- Share how RDS is set up to support the topic of Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace
- Explore details of Shell Canada’s strategy and tactics on Attraction and Recruitment including approach and specific initiatives. Learn how Shell Canada’s practices differ depending on the type of candidates they are recruiting and how you can apply these initiatives in your own organization.
- Examine challenge areas, findings and results as well as ongoing progress for how Shell is evolving on this topic. Learn how to handle accommodation issues and other challenge areas.
Click here for information on Kim Brassard
Click here for information on Stuart Young
Sign In Your Teams: Connect, Collaborate and Create with Ease
Take your teams and leaders beyond the basics. Our focus is your success, whether you have a problem to solve or an idea to build.
In today's world, teams are much different than years ago. The traditional "team in a box" no longer serves organizations as well. More often individuals are interacting with people from within their own workplace, other organizations and communities. There is value and strength in being able to easily transition and adapt to each new interaction.
In this very interactive session, discover the Golden Rule of Collaboration at work, build on ideas with proven techniques, deal with people who create barriers and work with mistakes. Obtain practical tools and techniques for everyday use and work with others constructively. Learn how to take your team to the next level and how to apply these principles in both your professional and personal lives.
Click here for information on Jacqueline Throop-Robinson
Back to top
Cost for the Full Day Conference (includes breakfast, lunch, two coffee breaks, all sessions and handout materials) Get your registration in by February 16, 2018 and become eligible
to win training programs worth $1000!
Early Bird Registration (payment and registration received before February 16, 2018 )
Regular registrations (payment and registration received between February 16, 2018 and April 16, 2018)
APRC/CMPA/CAAS/CPTA Members and Students: $199.00 plus GST per person
Non-Members/Guests: $219.00 plus GST per person
To register, complete the form online and submit with payment (VISA or MASTERCARD credit cards accepted, or mail cheque payable to IPM to IPM, Ste. 2210-1081 Ambleside Drive, Ottawa, ON, K2B 8C8. (Don't forget to add the GST!)
* Payments must accompany registrations.
* Deadline for registration (subject to availability): April 16, 2018
* Space is limited so to avoid disappointment, REGISTER NOW!